Graduate Assistant Position with BBA Career Services
BBA Career Services is looking for a Graduate Assistant – Student Technician to provide advanced skills to their front desk operations, which includes assistance with career resources and answering questions from the general public (both prospective and current students/employers) and serving in a leadership role to other student workers.
Partial Job Description:
- Direct student and employer issues to the appropriate staff person, help students resolve recruiting system issues, such as those with OCR. Answer questions over the phone and from visitors.
- Assist in supervising and training new student workers on daily operations of front desk and determining work priorities to assist the BBA Career Services staff.
- Assist BBA students in improving their resumes and cover letter following the McCombs Resume Writing and Job Search Correspondence guides.
- Assist office with various special projects including emailing students that are interviewing, company research information, event registration, resume books and resume audits of all BBA students.
- Perform detailed analysis of interviewing data and create summary statistics using spreadsheets and slides.
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze and research information and work with confidential information.
- Available to work 15- 20 hours/week.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student taking 9 hours during the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters. If enrolled in the MPA program must graduating May 2016 or May 2017.
- Must be able to work both Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters. Opportunity for work to begin Summer 2015.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Morgan Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2015.