Texas Department of Public Safety Internship
Texas Department of Public Safety: Chief Auditor’s Office
5805 N Lamar Blvd, MSC-0180
Austin, Texas 78752
Contact: Steve Goodson, Chief Auditor
Objectives: To provide interns an opportunity to be exposed to and apply basic internal audit concepts and methodologies. These concepts and methodologies could include both assurance and advisory services.
Duties: Assist audit project managers with the implementation of audit programs to address specific audit objectives. Administrative and research projects may also be assigned.
Internship is for the Fall of 2012. A minimum of 20 hours per week and a maximum of 40.
Must be enrolled in the Fall 2012 semester as a graduate or undergraduate student or have graduated with a bachelors or masters degree in 2012.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using facilitation and instructional skills
- Specific internal auditing knowledge (or course work), including internal controls and risk assessment.
- Specific knowledge of Management Principles (or course work), including the basic functions of planning, organizing, directing, evaluating and / or controlling.
- Ability to organize assigned work and to set time frames, prioritize and meet goals.
- Effectively work in a professional team environment.
The applicant selected for this paid internship will be an employee of Peak Performers or their university’s internship program and not an employee of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to Steve.Goodson@txdps.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 8, 2012.
Submitted by Estefana Rodriguez