Staff Audit Position with McConnell & Jones
Company: McConnell & Jones
Position: Staff Auditor (Entry Level)
Location: Corporate Office–Houston
Description: The Staff Auditor is expected to acquire and develop competence, skills and judgment in accounting principles and auditing procedures.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA.
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision.
- Be familiar with current accounting principles and auditing techniques.
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts work papers from clients’ trial balance.
- Researches accounting issues.
- Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency.
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Senior Associates, Managers and Partners.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture.
- Establish a Continuing Professional Educational program to include participation in training sessions, and reading and self-study programs, in preparation for supervisory role.
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement supervisor.
- Participates in the engagement planning process.
- Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Execute day to day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients.
Education/skill requirements and work experience include:
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles; knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS Yellow Book) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Standards (GAGAS) a plus and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; 3.5 or higher GPA in major preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have completed requirements to sit for CPA exam.
- Zero to one year audit experience in the commercial, governmental, non-profit sectors or benefit plan audit experience a plus.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please contact Mandy Szabo at email@example.com.
Submitted by Lindsey Braentner