Paul’s Profile

Name: Paul Nabhan    
Hometown: El Paso, TX   
MPA track: Audit  
Class status: 4th-year 
Estimated Graduation Date: May 2012 

Why did you choose to attend The University of Texas at Austin?

I chose Texas because of the accounting program, the athletic program, and the city of Austin.

Why did you choose the MPA program?

I chose the MPA program because I felt it provided the best opportunities for my future.

What are your favorite free-time activities?

I’m an avid football and basketball fan, and I continue to study the violin.

6 thoughts on “Paul’s Profile”

1. Hi!Paul.I’m Della,from China.It’s so exciting of me to have a chance to know about this school .It’s so wonderful!Of course,I want to be a member of you,is that so difficult?Oh,I have noticed you love violin,that’s cool…….I love music too,but I cant play violin…………May you help if I want to apply to this school,please………..

2. I am so interested in the University of Texas MPA programme but the cost for international students are sky rocketing!

3. hi, paul
    i read your profil and like it
    i am chinese undergraduate student and plan to apply for macc program in ut austin, but i heard that AUSTIN gave only one or two offers to chinese during the last six years, do you have any advice for me in case gain oppotunity to get an offer.
    also do you have any professors in macc can recommand me .i’d like to contact them before

4. Hi Paul,

My name is Grant Webb. I’m a learning facilitator with Bisk Education located here in Tampa, Fl. A few days ago I was sitting with a couple of our accounting students during class discussion as we were searching online for information the most up to date requirements for obtaining licensure after passing the Uniform CPA Exam as well as daily article of interest. After a few google searches, we came across some helpful information on your student blog so I wanted to provide you and the other bloggers with some quick feedback. The post that caught my attention was titled “ Creative Accounting….wait, what? ” from April 30th by Alexandria Newman. She hit the nail on the head when she mentioned “companies routinely rejecting creative ideas and show an implicit bias against them under conditions of uncertainty”. I agree and it’s because most established companies don’t want to be the funding factor for upcoming products or services when there’s uncertainty about profits. They almost always want to see existing profits before any funding is granted. Thank you. Even if you had nothing to do with this post it was still nice to find it along with fellow bloggers like yourself.

Normally this is where I end my correspondence but since you ‘v posted something that pertains to our students, I’d like to contribute if I may.

As a learning facilitator I write and report on career development and study strategies to benefit our current students. After reading this particular article post, I’m interested in writing and submitting an article to you. Should I forward my article to anyone of you in particular or does someone else publish your articles?

If this is something that interests you, I’d like to contribute. Kindly let me know who I need to email.

Warmly,

Grant Webb