Melissa’s Profile

Hometown: Colleyville, Texas

MPA Track: Audit

Class Status: 5th-year MPA

Estimated Graduation Date: Spring 2014

Why did you choose to attend The University of Texas at Austin?

UT was actually the only school in Texas that I applied to, having my heart set on California. However, I am really happy that I ended up at UT and I love McCombs.

Why did you choose the MPA program?

Proverbs 13:20 says “He who walks with the wise grows wise.” In the MPA program, you are surrounded by some of the brightest people you will ever meet. Not to mention, it is the number one accounting program in the nation. Certainly sounds like an opportunity to capitalize on!

Where are your favorite places to go and favorite things to do in Austin?

Favorite place in Austin is Mount Bonnell. Go at sunrise, go at sunset. Go in the winter, go in the summer. You won’t be disappointed. Speaking of winter, in December, every Austinite should check out the Trail of Lights. It is magical!

What are your favorite free-time activities?

Photography! You’ll never find me without a camera.

4 thoughts on “Melissa’s Profile”

1. hey!

You are so lucky and I truly envy you. Do you have have to be a junior to apply for integrated MPA program?

1. Sorry, I just saw this! I know you don’t necessarily have to be a junior to apply, but it usually works out that way due to prereqs, etc. If you are interested I’d say definitely go talk to the MPA office (if you are a UT student) or give them a call if your not, and they can help you out. iMPA an awesome program and you should do it!