Round 1

…And I have reached my first finish line: the end of basic training. I say basic training because I know that this internship is just a solid ten weeks of training, learning skills that I could never acquire anywhere else. There is no substitute for real-world experience. Those of you who have had professor Lendecky know what I mean when I emphasize the important of real-world experience. J

This past week I had National Internship Training in San Francisco, CA. Going from 6 inches of snow to 70-degree weather was something I was more than happy to accommodate. A solid week of networking with 450 interns from all over plus 100-200 professionals makes the whole experience rather hectic. On top of that, the week put a nice cap on what the firm emphasizes most.

I know this will sound redundant to all of us in accounting, but I cannot stress this enough because my firm as well as the others all share the same beliefs. Act with integrity and uphold the highest standard of ethics. They will drill this principle into your head and for good reason. No one wants another Enron. (Our economy is in bad enough shape as it is.)