New MPA students,
In the not-to-distant future, you will be stepping foot on The University of Texas at Austin campus and spending plenty of time in the McCombs School of Business. The MPA Program Office staff and accounting faculty will be assisting you, step by step, to prepare you for your classes and the busy, yet exciting, employment recruiting season. In the meantime, we recommend that you…
- Learn about UT’s history and traditions.
- Take a virtual tour of The University of Texas at Austin’s campus.
- Follow the instructions on the website for new students.
- Become familiar with student life at UT and in the McCombs School of Business. Over the years, our student bloggers have written about their experiences in our program, their favorite places to study, and the perks to being in Austin and attending a large, prestigious research university. Some examples:
Why I Chose to Stay
The Coffee Experience
There is More Than One Library on the UT Campus!
MPA Educated Eats is More than Just a Sandwich!
First Impressions of Being a TA
Looking Back, Looking Forward
MPAC in the Community
A Weekend in Austin
Making Austin Memories
Live Music Capital of the World
Next Stop…More Barbecue
We look forward to seeing you soon!
What types of careers are possible with an MPA degree?
Conversations with Career Services is an opportunity for prospective students to uncover the full range of career options the MPA program can offer. From investment banking to finance from consulting to advisory… our students have gone there.
Come join the career services team for small group discussions on your dream job. This is a great opportunity to dispel some myths, uncover some new information, and get your questions answered.
RSVP and join us! Pizza will be served at the conclusion of the session.
DATE: April 20, 2018
TIME: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LOCATION: UT-Austin, Room: UTC 1.102
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Graduate accounting at UT’s McCombs School of Business is ranked #1, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 edition of “Best Graduate Schools.” Read more…
You may have reviewed the MPA class profile and wondered, “Who, exactly, are MPA students? Why did they decide to attend The University of Texas at Austin for their graduate accounting degree? What do they like best about the MPA program, the UT campus and living in Austin?” The profiles of our MPA student ambassadors and the student profiles in Live and Learn, the MPA student blog, will give you a closer look at our students and their reasons for choosing the Texas MPA.
MPA Student Profile – Natalie Allen
MPA Student Profile – Dillon Barclay
MPA Student Profile – Kexin Shuai
Why should you attend the MPA program at UT-Austin? Consider this…
1) Top-Ranked Accounting: The McCombs School of Business graduate and undergraduate accounting programs are Ranked #1 with U.S. News and the Public Accounting Report. What contributes to our reputation for excellence?
2) High Quality Campus: The University of Texas at Austin is ranked highly in the nation and the world. Attending a top national university offers distinct advantages, such as access to
3) Great Place to Live: Would you like to live in a city that offers a relatively moderate cost of living and other attractive features? The city of Austin regularly tops many rankings, such as the city most likely to prosper over the next 10 years, one of the top cities for job seekers and fastest growing city. Austin offers great weather and plenty of outdoor activities in a laid-back, friendly environment and consistently receives high accolades for quality of life, innovation, employment opportunities, cost of living…and the list goes on….
4) Longhorn Spirit: The University of Texas at Austin is filled with history and traditions and plenty of exciting athletic events.
Want to learn more about our program from a student’s perspective? Read Live and Learn, our student blog, or contact an MPA student ambassador.
We encourage prospective and admitted applicants to visit the Texas MPA program to learn more about Austin, the MPA curriculum, career opportunities, our faculty, and the MPA experience.
Admitted applicants are invited to attend MPA Preview Day on either Friday, February 9 or Friday, March 23, to explore the MPA program, meet your future classmates and celebrate your admission.
Admitted applicants who are unable to attend MPA Preview Day and all other prospective students can arrange a personalized visit by submitting the visit form to the MPA Program Office at least two weeks prior to your planned visit.
We look forward to meeting you!
Discover the various ways The University of Texas at Austin was recognized as one of the best universities in 2017!
University of Texas at Austin 2017 Rankings from University of Texas at Austin.
The University of Texas at Austin will be closed for the holidays from Friday, December 22 through Monday, January 1. Please contact the Graduate and International Admissions Center if you are having technical difficulties with your application materials, or contact me after the break.
Enjoy the holidays!
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Holbrook Scholars! 16 MPA students were selected to receive the Holbrook Scholarship in Accounting this year. Awards ranged between $5,000 to $10,000.
The Holbrook Scholarship in Accounting is awarded to MPA students who have plans for a career in tax accounting and have demonstrated financial need and academic achievement.
Excerpted from McCombs Today:
The accounting program at the McCombs School of Business has once again been named the nation’s best.
For the eighth consecutive year, McCombs took a clean sweep in accounting, earning the No. 1 spots for its undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. programs in the 2017 Public Accounting Report (PAR) Annual Professors Survey. McCombs also topped the list of the most admired accounting programs in the country.
This marks the 13th time in 16 years that McCombs took first place across all three of the PAR categories.
The PAR annual survey is the only one in which accounting faculty (rather than deans or students) rank the best accounting programs in the nation.
Most Admired Accounting Program: No. 1
For the first time, PAR officials asked accounting faculty to name the U.S. college or university that they most admired overall for accounting (excluding their current employers and any schools they attended).
McCombs took first place.
Master’s Ranking: No. 1
McCombs has led the nation at the master’s level in 23 out of the past 24 surveys.