Why Should You Attend the Texas MPA Program? Consider This…
1) Top-Ranked Accounting: The McCombs School of Business graduate and undergraduate accounting programs are Ranked #1 with U.S. News and the Public Accounting Report. What contributes to our reputation for excellence?
2) High Quality Campus: The University of Texas at Austin is ranked highly in the nation and the world. Attending a top national university offers distinct advantages, such as access to
3) Great Place to Live: Would you like to live in a city that offers a relatively moderate cost of living and other attractive features? The city of Austin regularly tops many rankings, such as the city most likely to prosper over the next 10 years, best city for job seekers and fastest growing city. Austin offers great weather and plenty of outdoor activities in a laid-back, friendly environment and consistently receives high accolades for quality of life, innovation, employment opportunities, cost of living…and the list goes on….
4) Longhorn Spirit: The University of Texas at Austin is filled with history and traditions and plenty of exciting athletic events.
Want to learn more about our program from a student’s perspective? Read Live and Learn, our student blog, or contact an MPA student ambassador.
The students from the MPA Class of 2016 are already demonstrating great success! At the time of graduation:
- 98% accepted offers of employment. 1% opted to continue their education post-MPA.
- 90% of our international MPA graduates accepted offers of employment. 3% opted to continue their education post-MPA.
Our MPA graduates opted for full-time employment in 21 states throughout the Southwest (75%), East (10%), West (9%), South (3%) and Midwest (3%) and with a variety of employers:
- 4% consulting
- 5% industry
- 4% investment banking and other financial services
- 87% public accounting (including advisory services)
We encourage admitted applicants to visit the Texas MPA program to learn more about Austin, the MPA curriculum, career opportunities, our faculty, and the MPA experience. To arrange a personalized visit, please submit the visit form to the MPA Program Office at least two weeks prior to your planned visit.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Congratulations to the McCombs FanTAXtic Team for advancing to the national case competition in January at Deloitte University!
Originally published by Matt Turner in McCombs Today:
For the seventh consecutive year, the McCombs School of Business took a clean sweep in accounting, earning the No. 1 spots for its undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. programs in the Public Accounting Report (PAR) Annual Professors Survey.
This marks the 12th time in 15 years that McCombs took first place across all three of the PAR categories.
“Over the years, McCombs’ consistently high PAR rankings are recognition of our very talented faculty, staff, and students,” says Robert Freeman, chairman of the Accounting Department. “It’s great to work with such dedicated people.”
Originally published by Jeremy Simon in McCombs Today:
Stephen Smith brings both enthusiasm and experience as the new senior director of the Master in Professional Accounting program at the McCombs School of Business, a role he assumed on June 1.
“I can’t even explain my excitement about the opportunity to be helping to direct the best program — literally — in the world,” Smith says.
As the MPA’s senior director, Smith will lead a program ranked No. 1 by the Public Accounting Report and U.S. News & World Report. Smith lays out a straightforward formula for the program’s success: “We are very fortunate to get the best students, and when you mix that with our tremendous faculty, it works. Students recognize it, faculty recognize it, and employers recognize it. It’s just a winning combination,” Smith says. “I don’t think it’s any more complicated — good ingredients in, great product out.”
Smith has undergraduate and graduate degrees in accounting, industry experience, and has been on the faculty at the McCombs School’s top-ranked Accounting Department since 2007. In that time he’s educated a range of students, including undergraduates, MBAs, Texas Executive MBAs, Executive Education students, and those studying abroad.
The American Institute of CPAs announced the winners of the 2015 Elijah Watt Sells Award. The award is given to CPA candidates who have obtained a cumulative average score above 95.50 across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination, passed all four sections of the Examination on their first attempt and completed testing in 2015. A total of 93,742 individuals sat for the Examination in 2015, with 75 candidates meeting the criteria to receive the Elijah Watt Sells Award. Read more…
Four recipients were from the Texas MPA program:
- Emily Baker
- Nathan Evenson
- Paloma Gante
- Yu-Ting Huang
Excerpted from UT News
AUSTIN, Texas – The University of Texas at Austin has more than 40 graduate programs ranked among the top 10 in the nation and three programs ranked No. 1, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 edition of “Best Graduate Schools,” released this morning.
The university has top 10 programs in multiple colleges and schools including business, engineering, education, natural sciences, Earth sciences, public affairs, communications, information, social work, pharmacy, the social sciences, and humanities.
U.S. News & World Report’s graduate rankings, separate from the magazine’s yearly ranking of undergraduate programs, are among the most prestigious ratings in higher education. They are based on surveys of academic leaders and, for select programs, additional quantitative measures including placement test scores, student/faculty ratios, research expenditures and job placement success.
The three programs ranked No. 1 in the nation are accounting in the McCombs School of Business [emphasis added] and petroleum engineering in the Cockrell School of Engineering, both updated this year, and Latin American history in the College of Liberal Arts, last updated in 2013. (U.S. News & World Report does not rank every discipline in every year).
The Accounting Degree Review recently ranked the Texas MPA the No. 1 graduate accounting program of 2016! The review was based on the rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Public Accounting Report and Brigham Young University (BYU) and AACSB accreditation.