Why Should You Attend the Texas MPA Program? Consider This…
1) Top-Ranked Accounting: The McCombs School of Business graduate and undergraduate accounting programs are Ranked #1 with U.S. News and the Public Accounting Report. What contributes to our reputation for excellence?
2) High Quality Campus: The University of Texas at Austin is ranked highly in the nation and the world. The Princeton Review’s recent guide, “The Best 295 Business Schools, 2016 Edition”, ranks McCombs in the top 10 for the best professors category, based on student responses regarding how well their professors perform as teachers and how accessible they are outside the classroom. Attending a top national university offers distinct advantages, such as access to
3) Great Place to Live: Would you like to live in a city that offers a relatively moderate cost of living and other attractive features? The city of Austin regularly tops many rankings, such as the city most likely to prosper over the next 10 years, best city for job seekers and fastest growing city. Austin offers great weather and plenty of outdoor activities in a laid-back, friendly environment and consistently receives high accolades for quality of life, innovation, employment opportunities, cost of living…and the list goes on….
4) Longhorn Spirit: The University of Texas at Austin is filled with history and traditions and plenty of exciting athletic events.
Want to learn more about our program from a student’s perspective? Read Live and Learn, our student blog, or contact an MPA student ambassador.
We encourage admitted applicants to visit the Texas MPA program to learn more about Austin, the MPA curriculum, career opportunities, our faculty, and the MPA experience. To arrange a personalized visit, please submit the visit form to the MPA Program Office at least two weeks prior to your planned visit.
We look forward to meeting with you!
The Accounting Degree Review recently ranked the Texas MPA the No. 1 graduate accounting program of 2016! The review was based on the rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Public Accounting Report and Brigham Young University (BYU) and AACSB accreditation.
The University of Texas at Austin will be closed November 26-27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
We wish you a happy Thanksgiving!
Students from the MPA Class of 2015 are already demonstrating great success! At the time of graduation:
- 97% accepted offers of employment. 1% opted to continue their education post-MPA.
- 94% of our international MPA graduates accepted offers of employment.
Our MPA graduates secured full-time employment in a variety of geographical areas throughout Texas, the Northeast, West, South and Midwest and with a wide variety of employers:
- 4% consulting
- 5% industry
- 5% investment banking and other financial services
- 86% public accounting
Originally published by Matt Turner in McCombs Today:
For the sixth consecutive year, the McCombs School of Business took the ranking trifecta in accounting, earning the No. 1 spots for its undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. programs, according to the Public Accounting Report (PAR) Annual Professors Survey.
This marks the 11th time in 14 years that McCombs took first place across all three of the PAR categories.
What’s new in the MPA world? We recently launched our new mobile- and tablet-friendly website! If you were accustomed to the old format, no worries… all of the critical information on admissions, the curriculum, and MPA experience is still available but easier to read on your smaller devices. Check it out, and let us know what you think!
Michael Granof, EY Distinguished Centennial Professor at McCombs, was re-appointed by the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) to a second term on the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). Dr. Granof is also currently serving his second term on the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), making him the second person to ever serve on both boards concurrently.
Read more in MPA Weekly and the Department of Accounting faculty news…
New Texas MPA students,
In the not-to-distant future, you will be stepping foot on The University of Texas at Austin campus and spending plenty of time in the McCombs School of Business. The MPA Program Office staff and accounting faculty will be assisting you, step by step, to prepare you for your classes and the busy, yet exciting, employment recruiting season. In the meantime, we recommend that you…
A Mini Tour of the McCombs School of Business
Love the Place That You Study In!
First Impressions of Being a TA
Looking Back, Looking Forward
Cookie and Lunch Breaks in the MPA Office
MPAs Work Hard, Play Hard
MPAC in the Community
A Weekend in Austin
Making Austin Memories
Live Music Capital of the World
Next Stop…More Barbecue
Run, Austin! (2.0)
I Met a Famous Author Thanks to UT!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Originally published by April Stockwell in McCombs Today and MPA Weekly.
The University of Texas at Austin’s graduate accounting program consistently ranks #1 across the nation for its top notch faculty as well as the high quality accounting education it offers students. Once again the Texas MPA Program has topped the nation with four students, Taylor Atsalis (BBA ‘13, MPA ‘14), Scott Huff (BBA/MPA ‘14), Chongho Kim (MPA ‘14), and Michael Kovacich (MPA ‘13), earning the prestigious 2014 Elijah Watt Sells Award. The American Institute of CPAs bestowed the prestigious award on candidates who obtained a cumulative average score above 95.50 across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination, passed all four sections of the Examination on their first attempt, and completed testing in 2014.
To put this in perspective, 91,384 individuals sat for the Examination in 2014 and only 60 candidates met the criteria to receive the award. This year, only three U.S. graduate programs had more than one Elijah Watt Sells winner and the Texas MPA program had as many winners as the other two combined.
All four award winners are now making their mark at their respective workplaces: Taylor is currently employed with EY in Houston, Scott works for Dell in Austin, Chongho is employed with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Boston, and Michael is employed with BDO in Houston.