Are you a Texas McCombs MPA international applicant? Keep reading to find answers to frequently-asked questions.

Are all of the application materials required by the January 5 application deadline?

The online application closes on January 5, and you should submit all supporting documents by this deadline. Applications that are completed late may be reviewed on a space-available basis after the first round of decisions have been made. Please send Keri Ledezma an email update if your application is not complete by January 5.

Application tip: Plan ahead! On average, it takes about 3-4 weeks for the official test scores to be sent, received, and added to an applicant’s record.

Should I wait to submit my transcript until fall grades are posted?

You should upload a transcript by the January 5 application deadline, even if your fall grades are not available. If you prefer, you can send Keri Ledezma an updated transcript via email after the fall grades are posted.

When are international decisions released?

All international applications will be reviewed after the January 5 application deadline, not on a rolling basis. Admissions decisions are typically released throughout the month of February.

Do I need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores if I studied in the U.S. or another English-only speaking country?

If you are an international applicant (non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and are not from an English-only speaking country, you are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores with your MPA application, even if you studied your undergraduate degree in an English-only speaking country. Please see the admissions packet for additional information. Strong English skills are critical for success in our program, and demonstrating your abilities through the TOEFL or IELTS will strengthen your application.

Do I need to submit a foreign credential evaluation from WES or another organization?

You do not need to submit a foreign credential evaluation if you studied outside of the U.S. However, if your transcript is written in a language other than English, you must upload an official English translation with the original transcript.

Do I need to submit financial documentation with my application?

The financial information is used for immigration document processing, not for admissions purposes. If you gain admission to the MPA program, the International Office will require the financial documentation before issuing the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.