Why can’t I find the “Professional Accounting (MPA)” major in the online application drop-down list?

If you are unable to find “Professional Accounting (MPA)” major in the ApplyTexas application, you most likely have selected the incorrect university or incorrect semester. The Texas MPA program accepts fall applications only. If you are admitted and are required to begin our program in the summer, we will backdate your admission to the summer after you accept our offer of admission.

Do I need to take the GMAT before I submit the online application?

No. You can submit your application before taking the GMAT and either skip the test score section or input the anticipated GMAT test date, if known. Submitting an application early will better assist our Graduate and International Admissions Center in matching your GMAT score report to your application record.

I entered the names and e-mail addresses of my references, but they haven’t received an e-mail notification yet. What should I do?

The Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) will send e-mail requests to your recommenders after your application for admission is submitted and received at The University of Texas at Austin. After your application is received, you will be able to log into the application status check to monitor the status of your pending requests for references, resend the Request for Reference e-mail to your recommenders, or add a new recommender.

Can I submit the essay after I submit the online application?

Yes. When your online application is complete, you will be given the option to submit your application and essay either together or separately. If you opt to submit your application and essay separately, you will need to log back into your ApplyTexas account and select the “My Essays” tab to submit your essay. Alternatively, you can draft your essay in MS Word and upload the document to the document upload system. Please note that if you submit your application and essay together, the essay will take up to 24 hours longer to appear in the application status check.

I am a U.S. applicant. What happens if my application is completed after the early December 1 application deadline?

U.S. applications are reviewed on a rolling basis in the order of file completion, beginning with those completed by the early December 1 deadline and ending with those completed by the final March 1 deadline. To ensure prompt and accurate processing of your application, check the status of your application materials on a regular basis.

I am an international applicant. If I complete my application before the deadline, will it be reviewed early for a decision?

All international applications are reviewed after the application deadline rather than on a rolling basis.

How do I pay the application fee?

Payment of the application processing fee may be submitted electronically via MasterCard or Visa if submitted on the ApplyTexas site. If you do not pay your application fee on the ApplyTexas site, you will receive an email message after submitting your online application which will include instructions for making payment to The University of Texas at Austin directly. Payment options will include Discover, MasterCard, electronic check, or electronic funds transfer. Please note that The University of Texas at Austin does not accept Visa. If you wish to pay by Visa, you should pay your application fee on the ApplyTexas site.