Department of Accounting alumni, faculty members, staff and friends are participating in our centennial celebration by sharing their memories. Here are a few excerpts from stories related to the MPA program.

My Nontraditional MPA

by Robert Sabochick, MPA, Class of 2010

…So, what was so non-traditional about my MPA? Obviously there are all the incredible things that come with living in a city like Austin that made this one year something completely new for me. Halloween on 6th Street, Austin City Limits (though I’m still bummed that the Beastie Boys had to cancel) and UT football, to name a few things, all bring back some wonderful memories.

However, the school and the program itself are different in that, not only do I have the same kinds of amazing memories, but I also developed my accounting knowledge and skills and my perspective and professionalism during this one year in a way that I’ve carried with me every day since graduation.

Longhorns Everywhere!

by Brian Lendecky, BBA / MPA, Class of 1999

Being first a proud alumnus of the MPA program and now proud to be an instructor in our department, I love showing my Longhorn pride! I have been very fortunate to teach in our study-abroad CIBER program each of the past 5 years. Whether it be walking around with our students in Paris, Prague, or Hong Kong I am amazed how many times somebody will come up to our group, flash the Hook ‘em Horns sign followed by “Class of ‘__”. The attached photo is of our class tour of downtown Prague in 2009. Our group was in amazement, and it actually turned into a bit of a game, when 17 different people came up to us during our 3 hour tour to let us know they were Longhorns too. One of them was actually a student I had in my first ACC 311 class in the Fall of 2005 and she was now living in Prague.