TOEFL scholarships are now available in five locations: China, India, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. A TOEFL scholarship can help students study at any of the 8,000+ institutions listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory. The scholarship program is designed to reward TOEFL test takers for achieving academic excellence, exhibiting leadership skills, performing extracurricular activities and demonstrating English-communication proficiency.
The TOEFL Scholarship Program rewards students who have high academic achievement as well as:
- an outstanding ability to communicate in English
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-roundedness in extracurricular activities, including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays (and interviews, when applicable)
To be eligible to win a TOEFL scholarship, a student must:
- currently live in the country from where he/she is applying
- begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2012 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory
- hold a grade point average of at least 80 or higher on a 100-point scale or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- have a valid TOEFL test score
- return a completed application form with his/her TOEFL test scores, written essay and official transcript in a sealed envelope
Please visit the ETS website for more information.