Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 21, 2014It’s almost the holidays! Beyond wonderful time with family, I always look forward to ridiculous amounts of pie, turkey, potatoes, and cookies. However, this weekend, I was thinking of Thanksgiving and how lucky we all are to be in this wonderful country. I started wondering what makes this country so great, and I realized that […]
- Cookie and Lunch Breaks at the MPA Office November 20, 2014In my previous post, I highlighted some perks about being an MPA wherein I focused on tangible goodies like laptop rentals, nameplates, and the lounge. However, there are many more reasons that I am proud to be an MPA, namely the constant and varied opportunities to learn new things outside of the classroom. Specifically, I […]
- Delta Lambda Phi – Annual Toy Drive Extravaganza November 14, 2014This is the second year Delta Lambda Phi ® fraternity’s Beta Rho chapter at The University of Texas has held the annual holiday toy drive. All the proceeds (and toys) from this event is donated directly to UT’s Orange Santa organization. Delta Lambda Phi ® (DLP) is a social fraternity for gay, bisexual, and progressive men. So […]
- A Little Recruitment Advice November 13, 2014Today’s blog is about recruitment. No, this isn’t recruitment for college football. No stopwatches and no campus visits to see the big game. No, this recruitment is for… wait for it… full time jobs! As daunting as this may sound, especially if you are considering joining the MPA program in the future, recruitment is an […]
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 21, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- 11 Things We're Thankful For November 21, 2014What are we thankful for here at the McCombs School of Business? It was difficult, but we managed to narrow it down to a list of 11 things that make our hearts swell with gratitude. What are we thankful for here at the McCombs School of Business? It was difficult, but we managed to narrow it down to a list of 11 things that make our hearts swell with gratitu […]
- Hidden Ranking Gems Show McCombs' Clout November 21, 2014In three rankings you've probably never seen before, McCombs displayed strong performance. U.S. News. Bloomberg Businessweek. Forbes. Financial Times. The Economist. These are the media outlets that dominate the business school ranking world. Hidden in their shadow are a slew of lesser-known brethren. While these lack the fame and gravitas of their fami […]
- McCombs Holds Top 25 in Ranking Shake-Up November 11, 2014Businessweek's latest round of MBA rankings show a surprising order of schools that seem to defy easy comprehension. In their 14th ranking of MBA programs released today, Bloomberg Businessweek (BBW) presented a new order of business schools based on an overhaul of their traditional methodology: read more […]
- Bragging Rights: Top-Performing CEO, Swimming With the 'Sharks,' Presidential Fellowship November 5, 2014This week we are celebrating recent awards and recognitions received by a few of our many outstanding alumni. McCombs School of Business alumni have been stealing the spotlight lately and we couldn't be more proud. This week we are celebrating recent awards and recognitions received by a few of our many outstanding alumni. read more […]
- 11 Things We're Thankful For November 21, 2014