Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- “A good judge is better than an unbiased one”…? April 17, 2014In case you couldn’t tell by the number of figure skating posts I have written earlier, I follow the sport very closely as a judge. At this year’s Sochi Olympics, the Ladies Free Skating event was filled with public backlash and drama. This is because reigning Olympic champion, Yuna Kim (or Queen Yuna as some […]
- Competing With Engineers for a Sustainable World April 16, 2014A couple of months ago, we all received an invitation to compete in BASF’s Team Chemistry challenge. A fellow MPA student decided to form a group, and so I joined. It seemed like a fun project – come up with ideas to lessen the environmental impact of football gameday. I love football gameday and I have an […]
- MPA Council and the ICAEW: The future of global auditing April 10, 2014In late February, Program Director Jim Franklin and Department Chair Lillian Mills were able to have some members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Whales (ICAEW), one of the leading institutions publishing articles about the profession internationally, to come and speak about the future of global auditing with members of MPA Council. […]
- Recruiting: Interview Week April 9, 2014The crazy week of interviews and pre-interview dinners is past and somehow I have managed to survive. How did I survive you ask? Was it nonstop coffee and late-night studying? Was it doing my hair/makeup everyday (which I usually do not do)? Was it dressing business professional nearly everyday of the week despite the hot, […]
- “A good judge is better than an unbiased one”…? April 17, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- PepsiCo Sponsors BHP Class of 2017 April 16, 2014Thanks to a pledge from PepsiCo, current Business Honors freshmen will enjoy unique opportunities and experiences over their four years in the BHP program. Thanks to a pledge from PepsiCo, current Business Honors freshmen will enjoy unique opportunities and experiences over their four years in the BHP program. read more […]
- McCombs Parents Provide Direct Support to Undergraduate Programs April 9, 2014Randy Rapp, BBA '86, and his wife, Lydia, have found a way to ensure their child's college experience is as enriching as possible through McCombs' first ever Texas BBA Parents Council. As a parent, you want your child's college experience to be as fruitful and enriching as possible. But often, it is difficult to determine your ideal role. […]
- Ethics Education Extends Beyond the Business School April 8, 2014After a recent grant from the Teagle Foundation, Ethics Unwrapped will be expanding their educational videos to reach the entire University of Texas at Austin community. Founded at the McCombs School of Business in 2012, Ethics Unwrapped has become a leader in ethics education with its online video series. read more […]
- Texas BBA Hits No. 6 for All-Time High in Businessweek Rankings April 7, 2014The McCombs BBA program ranked No. 6 in the nation in Businessweek's 2014 ranking of undergraduate business programs, with noted strengths on the job front. read more […]
- PepsiCo Sponsors BHP Class of 2017 April 16, 2014