Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the “10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Internship: True or False March 24, 2015Let’s all be real for a quick second. As third and fourth-year MPAs, we hear all kinds of rumors and gossip about internship experiences. We never know who is exaggerating and who is telling the cold, hard truth. Well I cannot speak for everyone in what I am about to say, but I am going […]
- Looking Back, Looking Forward – Part 2 of 2 February 18, 2015Last week, I discussed some of my favorite moments from my first seven months in the MPA program. This week, I am looking ahead and getting excited for what’s to come in my final six months. Future Plans: 1. For the first summer session this year, I will be studying in Buenos Aires for five weeks as a part of the MPA Study […]
- A Weekend In Austin February 13, 2015One of my best friends came to visit Austin the other weekend. Guests are always a great excuse to get out and enjoy the city I so often take for granted. It forces me to get out, spend some money, forget about homework, and have a good time—and clean up the apartment! At the risk […]
- Making Austin Memories February 11, 2015Hello, howdy, and good afternoon! Blogger Kat here, you’re source into the amazing lives of Texas MPA students. Since I’ve been back from winter break I have taken advantage of many unique opportunities here in Austin, including comedy shows and visits from incredible authors! Here are a few of my favorite moments from the semester […]
- Internship: True or False March 24, 2015
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Starks Announced as Business School's Interim Dean March 26, 2015Associate Dean Laura Starks will assume the role of interim dean at the McCombs School of Business, effective Sept. 1, 2015. Associate Dean Laura Starks will assume the role of interim dean at the McCombs School of Business, effective Sept. 1, 2015. read more
- Faculty Recognized for Their Teaching Excellence March 25, 2015A group of 11 business faculty members were recently honored for their exceptional teaching. A group of 11 business faculty members were recently honored for their exceptional teaching. On March 23, the Faculty Honor Roll ceremony recognized a diverse group of McCombs School of Business faculty, who were chosen for their high scores on […]
- Patents, Copyright Laws, and Hobby Lobby: Pedersen Explains Business-Related Supreme Court Decisions March 24, 2015Business, Government and Society lecturer Frances Pedersen outlined the three Supreme Court decisions from the past year which she believes will have the most impact on the business world. When the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in favor of Hobby Lobby during the controversial Burwell v. Hobby Lobby case last year, everyone had something to […]
- Texas Defends Title for Back-to-Back Championships March 23, 2015For the second year in a row, the school took the top spot in a March Madness bracket. The University of Texas at Austin has earned back-to-back championships in the NCAA Tournament. When it comes to accounting, at least. read more
- Starks Announced as Business School's Interim Dean March 26, 2015