Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Around Austin in 30 Days May 9, 2013Like many UT students, I started making a mental bucket list of things to do in and around Austin the moment I set foot on campus as a freshman.From food trucks and swimming holes to the plethora of music opportunities, Austin is full of great things to do. Sadly, while balancing homework, exams and class, […]
- A Weekend of Sunny Rays is Good for the Mind April 17, 2013I spent this past weekend outside; eating dirt on the soccer field, (that’s fútbol to my Hispanic friends and football to my European buddies), flinging Frisbees around campus, and exploring Austin’s Mount Bonnell. The past couple of weeks have been a little stressful with school, work, and trying to get a hold of my personal […]
- The Pur$uit of Happine$$: Part 3 April 5, 2013Hi everyone, Like Melissa, I just wanted to cap my experience spending a semester interning. Melissa talked about how she utilized the things she learned from her academic studies for her internship, so I thought I would talk about some of the softer and more intangible skills that I took to public accounting from my […]
- Melissa Takes Boston: Part 4 March 29, 2013Hello everyone! I am back with one last installment about my internship experiences this semester. McCombs provides its students with a well-rounded business education and as I reflect on my internship, I realize that I used far more than just what I learned in my accounting classes. I thought I would share with you all […]
- Around Austin in 30 Days May 9, 2013
AboutIf you’re thinking about applying to the Texas MPA program via the traditional approach, tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Infographic: McCombs Commencement By The Numbers May 16, 2013Congratulations, to the McCombs School of Business Class of 2013. Check out this year's breakdown of graduating students. Commencement is upon us once again, with six McCombs ceremonies followed by the university-wide blowout Saturday night, which draws nearly 20,000 more guests than the entire UT student population. Take a walk around campus this time […]
- Will Exports to China Lift the Struggling American Coal Industry? May 15, 2013China's growth trajectory means a potential bright future for America's energy industry, says John Doggett. Coal TransporterAmerica, China and Coal's FutureWinter 2013 read more […]
- Rationalizations: Blurring the Line between the Ethical and Unethical May 15, 2013The Company Ethicist looks to Robert Prentice, a professor of business ethics at McCombs, to understand why doing the right thing can often be so difficult. The Company EthicistThe Lies We Tell Ourselves: Dumbledore & Modern Corporate EthicsApril 1, 2013 Robert Prentice, a professor of business law and business ethics in the Department of Business, […]
- Bragging Rights: Finance Edition May 15, 2013We’re marking accomplishments by the Financial Analyst Program, Master of Science in Finance students, and a finance major reaching new heights If the name weren’t already taken, this edition of Bragging Rights could be called the Financial Times. We’re marking accomplishments by the Financial Analyst Program, Master of Science in Finance students, and a fin […]
- Infographic: McCombs Commencement By The Numbers May 16, 2013