Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Reality Check August 12, 2014Students entering the tMPA program who did not major in accounting for their undergrad are asked to attend class for a 5-week summer session in order to get up to speed for fall courses. At first blush, it sounds somewhat hard to believe: take two accounting classes and catch up to students who took two […]
- Adventures at the Gym and a Gallery August 6, 2014We’re into in our fourth week of summer classes, which means our five week jaunt is drawing to a close. We had two exams already and have two more this week. There are projects due in both classes next week, and finals aren’t far away. It has been somewhat challenging to make time for non-academic […]
- Back to School! August 1, 2014Over twelve months have passed since I decided to apply to the MPA program, and I’m finally here! I wanted to take a quick moment to discuss my admissions journey. While looking for programs that would best set me up for future job advancements, I investigated a variety of different options, including MBA and JD […]
- Summer Classes are Here July 30, 2014We are two weeks into the second semester of summer courses and time has been flying by. Between both of my classes, I have already read 13 textbook chapters this semester—McCombs professors do not mess around! This past week was especially busy between our Financial Accounting exam on Wednesday and our Introduction to Taxation exam […]
- Reality Check August 12, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- MBA Hits No. 3 for Hispanic Diversity August 20, 2014McCombs retook a top-five rank in Hispanic Business' survey of business schools. Hispanic Business magazine ranked the McCombs School of Business the third best business school in the nation for Hispanic MBA students, up from No. 6 last year. read more […]
- Texas 4000 Riders Battle Cancer by Bike August 20, 2014This summer's Texas 4000 bike ride enabled business students to to help fund cancer research while spreading the pillars of hope, knowledge, and charity. For many college students, summer is a time to do something good for themselves and the community. Some choose to participate in internships while others volunteer in order to make an impact in the wor […]
- 6 Life Lessons from the CFO of Walmart August 8, 2014In a recent commencement address, Charles Holley, chief financial officer of Walmart, urged Master of Science in Information, Risk, and Operation Management graduates to follow these six steps for success. In a compelling commencement address on July 11, Charles Holley, chief financial officer of Walmart, urged 50 graduates of the Master of Science in I […]
- Supply Chain Management Takes No. 4 in Nation August 6, 2014McCombs continues to climb in Gartner, Inc.'s latest ranking of undergraduate supply chain management programs. In the latest ranking of undergraduate supply chain management programs across the nation from Gartner, Inc., McCombs' undergraduate business program rose to No. 4. The top 10 of the 26 ranked universities in Gartner's 2014 Undergrad […]
- MBA Hits No. 3 for Hispanic Diversity August 20, 2014