Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Orientation Week with this Geek September 5, 2014Hey blog readers, and welcome to my first post! I thought I’d kick things off with a bang and tell you a little bit about orientation week! However, I’m not going to do this in a normal manner. No, instead I’m going to use my freestyle rapping skills to lay down what orientation is all […]
- Orientation, Recruiting, and Easy Tiger September 4, 2014Things have been quite busy for us MPAs these last few weeks between the close of summer classes, orientation, recruiting events, and the start of the fall semester. With the kickoff of fall classes comes OCR deadlines, employer information sessions, and mock interviews in the next week or so. Some tMPAs have already had actual […]
- 1st and 10 August 28, 2014The MPA program completed Orientation last week. It was a crash course on many of the academic and career resources available to students. (These resources and the flexibility they allow were the leading factors in me choosing to attend the UT MPA.) There were also 3 major recruiting events: Etiquette Dinner, Networking Reception, and Career […]
- Reality Check August 12, 2014Students entering the tMPA program who did not major in accounting for their undergrad are asked to attend class for a 5-week summer session in order to get up to speed for fall courses. At first blush, it sounds somewhat hard to believe: take two accounting classes and catch up to students who took two […]
- Orientation Week with this Geek September 5, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Texas BBA Holds 8th Spot in 2015 U.S. News Rankings September 10, 2014The McCombs School of Business tied for eighth place in the 2015 edition of U.S. News and World Report's undergraduate business program rankings. The McCombs School of Business tied for eighth place in the 2015 edition of U.S. News and World Report's undergraduate business program rankings. McCombs came in as the fifth best among the country's […]
- Business Research Center Launches Studies, Startups September 8, 2014From student studies to startups to the world's largest retailer, information from the university's Business Research Center is making an impact. Aaron Hobbins, MBA '15, needed to find out what type of food Japanese rice wine drinkers were choosing to pair with their sake. So he visited the library. read more […]
- From the Finance Department to the Dean's Office September 5, 2014Formerly the chairman of the Finance Department, Jay Hartzell became the business school's new senior associate dean on Aug. 15. There is a new senior associate dean at the McCombs School of Business. Taking on the role from former senior associate dean, Paul Newman, the vacancy was officially filled on Aug. 15 by Jay Hartzell, Ph.D '98, previously […]
- Morenz, Zaffirini Among Texas Exes Five Under 40 September 4, 2014This year's Outstanding Young Texas Exes include two business school alumni: a former baseball player turned financial whiz turned geopolitical intelligence firm executive and a philanthropist, venture capitalist, and health care finance lawyer. By Chris O'Connell The Outstanding Young Texas Ex Award is presented annually to The University of Texas […]
- Texas BBA Holds 8th Spot in 2015 U.S. News Rankings September 10, 2014