Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 21, 2014It’s almost the holidays! Beyond wonderful time with family, I always look forward to ridiculous amounts of pie, turkey, potatoes, and cookies. However, this weekend, I was thinking of Thanksgiving and how lucky we all are to be in this wonderful country. I started wondering what makes this country so great, and I realized that […]
- Cookie and Lunch Breaks at the MPA Office November 20, 2014In my previous post, I highlighted some perks about being an MPA wherein I focused on tangible goodies like laptop rentals, nameplates, and the lounge. However, there are many more reasons that I am proud to be an MPA, namely the constant and varied opportunities to learn new things outside of the classroom. Specifically, I […]
- Delta Lambda Phi – Annual Toy Drive Extravaganza November 14, 2014This is the second year Delta Lambda Phi ® fraternity’s Beta Rho chapter at The University of Texas has held the annual holiday toy drive. All the proceeds (and toys) from this event is donated directly to UT’s Orange Santa organization. Delta Lambda Phi ® (DLP) is a social fraternity for gay, bisexual, and progressive men. So […]
- A Little Recruitment Advice November 13, 2014Today’s blog is about recruitment. No, this isn’t recruitment for college football. No stopwatches and no campus visits to see the big game. No, this recruitment is for… wait for it… full time jobs! As daunting as this may sound, especially if you are considering joining the MPA program in the future, recruitment is an […]
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 21, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Story of a Cafe, a Scholarship, and a Beacon for Innovators December 12, 2014Thanks to a $2 million donation from Susan and Kenneth Jastrow, the cafe at Rowling Hall is funded and has an Austin-flavored name developed by student Mackswell Dickson. read more […]
- TVL Accelerator Space in Rowling Hall to be Named in Honor of Brumleys December 11, 2014Following their $1.95 million gift, the accelerator space in Robert B. Rowling Hall will be named the Jon and Rebecca Brumley Business Accelerator. Businessman and entrepreneur Jon Brumley, BBA '61, has once again made a sizable financial gift to the startup accelerator that bears his name. read more […]
- When Getting Acquired, a Law Firm Makes for a Smoother Process December 10, 2014Guest speakers from Vinson & Elkins and LifeSize described how the law firm facilitated the acquision of LifeSize by the technology hardware company Logitech. read more […]
- McCombs 2014 MBA Grads Among Most Sought-After in Nation December 9, 2014Data show that the Texas MBA Program produces some of the most highly-desirable graduates for U.S. employers. MBA graduates from the McCombs School of Business are in high demand among U.S. employers. According to data presented in Poets & Quants (P&Q), McCombs tied for 11th in the nation for business schools with the highest percentage of job offers […]
- Story of a Cafe, a Scholarship, and a Beacon for Innovators December 12, 2014