Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the “10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Change of Plans and What I've Learned April 15, 2015In my opinion, it's almost never too late to change something and there's always plenty more to learn. On the change front, two of my forward looking plans have already been scratched. First, I am not going to Buenos Aires this summer. Second, I did not attend a single SXSW event. The beauty of the latter is that the job offer I've accepted is
- Entering the Real World 101 April 14, 2015We live in a society where we are taught from a young age to be ready for the real world. "You're an adult," I have been told many times, "you have to act like one now." It is not an overstatement to say that we have ALL heard that saying, or some variation of it. The pressure is - and always has been - on us. With being an adult com
- Internship: True or False March 24, 2015Let's all be real for a quick second. As third and fourth-year MPAs, we hear all kinds of rumors and gossip about internship experiences. We never know who is exaggerating and who is telling the cold, hard truth. Well I cannot speak for everyone in what I am about to say, but I am going to go through some things I heard before my internship and tell you
- Looking Back, Looking Forward - Part 2 of 2 February 18, 2015Last week, I discussed some of my favorite moments from my first seven months in the MPA program. This week, I am looking ahead and getting excited for what's to come in my final six months. Future Plans: 1. For the first summer session this year, I will be studying in Buenos Aires for five weeks as a part of the MPA Study Abroad program. I have never
- Change of Plans and What I've Learned April 15, 2015