Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Is a Burrito a Sandwich? And other dilemmas… March 5, 2014These are the types of questions that come up in the varied curriculum that makes up business school. As accounting students, it is easy to forget that not every subject can be analyzed in the same manner as a financial statement. For instance, the burrito question came up in a business law class that I […]
- Recruiting: Week Three February 21, 2014MPA Mock Interviews If you have ever taken BA 101, a class required of all first-year business majors, you probably know what a mock interview is. Basically, mock interviews are practice interviews. Each semester, MPA career services holds a round of mock interviews for MPA students right at the beginning of recruiting season. This semester things have been […]
- Committing to a Career February 19, 2014Many students leave their undergraduate studies with a job and either with or without a clue about what they want to be when they grow up. Let’s face it: few people know how they want to spend the rest of their lives (or at least the rest of their twenties) while they are in college. […]
- Recruiting: Week Two February 14, 2014Middle Market Firms and Big Four Firms During your recruiting semester as an MPA you will face the decision concerning what company(s) you want to apply for. The best way to figure this out is to attend all the events and information sessions that these companies hold for you. I know this is repetitive and we probably […]
- Is a Burrito a Sandwich? And other dilemmas… March 5, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- McCombs Faculty Rank Fifth Most Productive in World for Research March 3, 2014Faculty research continues to rise in world-class status, according to the University of Texas at Dallas School of Management. read more […]
- Marketing Lecturer Herb Miller Chosen by Alumni as Among UT's Best Faculty March 3, 2014Inspiring, talented: Both words describe Herb Miller, which is why he's been chosen by alumni as among the top 10 faculty at The University of Texas at Austin. Each year, The University of Texas at Austin's alumni magazine, The Alcalde, asks its readers to pick the university's most talented and inspiring faculty. read more […]
- Generous Gift from Zlotnik Family Maintains Rowling Hall Momentum February 26, 2014Bob and Marcie Zlotnik pledge $5 million to the construction of Rowling Hall, the new graduate education building. Plans for Robert B. Rowling Hall, the new graduate education building at the McCombs School of Business, continue to flourish with the welcome announcement of a new gift from Bob and Marcie Zlotnik. read more […]
- Corporate Finance Fellows Program Offers Real-World Experience at Intel February 26, 2014Intel and the finance department have collaborated to create the Corporate Finance Fellows Program, providing an opportunity for an elite group of MBA students to work on a real-world project. Working with its corporate partners, the McCombs School of Business strives to provide unique and innovative ways for students to engage in experiential education. A r […]
- McCombs Faculty Rank Fifth Most Productive in World for Research March 3, 2014