Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Food for Thought December 3, 2013One of my favorite things about the holiday season is all of the delicious food. In honor of that, I have decided to offer you all some food…for thought. This sugar free, zero calorie advice is for all of the third years heading into recruiting season, fourth years ready to tackle their internships, and anyone […]
- Study Group to Roommates: My MPA Family November 25, 2013One of my favorite aspects of MPA thus far is the family you form within it. Only three months into my first semester of MPA and I already have made friends I know will last a lifetime. I met these people in my MPA classes at the beginning of this semester. I think we came […]
- MPAs Work Hard, Play Hard November 22, 2013Work hard, play hard. It’s a cliché used by many groups to identify the fact that yes, their path is difficult but it doesn’t stop them from partying. Of course, I can’t speak for the entire class of MPA students, but I think it’s a stereotype that applies here as well. Since I like to start […]
- Points to Ponder from MPA Council Ethics Week November 21, 2013MPA Council had its second annual ethics week on October 21st through 25th in conjunction with the university wide Integrity-UT week. During this week, MPA Council hosted multiple events, including a screening of the movie Wall Street, an ethics lecture led by Professor Robert Prentice, and an ethics discussion for students. My personal favorite event […]
- Food for Thought December 3, 2013
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Wall Street Bullish on McCombs December 6, 2013Our audacious goal at the university is to change the world, and one cannot hope to do that without exercising influence in the center of the world. For many, New York City is the undisputed center of the world, particularly the financial sector — but The University of Texas at Austin can still make a splash when we come to the Big Apple, especially among me […]
- It's a Match: Co-Founder Dating Event Pairs Student Entrepreneurs December 4, 2013MBAs and a diverse group of undergraduate students gathered at The McCombs School of Business on Nov. 20 for the inaugural UT co-founder dating event. As students moved from table to table pitching their various business ideas, it certainly looked as if they were speed dating. MBAs and a diverse group of undergraduate students gathered at The McCombs School […]
- Minding the Gap November 26, 2013Nationally, the number of female MBAs lags well behind that of their male peers. But that's something the Texas MBA program is working to change. By Roanna Flowers read more […]
- The Sweet Life of Ben and Jerry November 25, 2013On Nov. 19, ice cream lovers and entrepreneurs gathered for a lecture by Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream co-founder Jerry Greenfield, where he emphasized the balance between company growth and giving back to the community. They were just two seventh grade boys who didn't want to run the mile in gym class. read more […]
- Wall Street Bullish on McCombs December 6, 2013