Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- It’s the little things October 14, 2014We are about two months into school now, and to say that life has gotten a little crazy would be an understatement! Not only have we completed first round interviews for most companies, but the first round of exams has happened as well. With recruiting dinners two or three nights a week and studying after […]
- As Always, Hook ‘Em Horns October 6, 2014Even though every student is busy with studying and exams, there is always time for a University of Texas football game. This past weekend’s game against Baylor was a hot and sweaty afternoon gamew, starting at 2:30PM. I began the game celebration by walking down Guadalupe around noon. Like any other UT football game, people […]
- It’s All About the People September 25, 2014It is four weeks into the Fall semester and recruiting is in full swing. Last week, on-campus interviews began along with pre-interview dinners and other networking events. It has been exciting to meet with prospective employers and move forward through the application process. While recruiting, students will often ask employers “Why did you choose Firm […]
- Do As the Locals Do September 23, 2014Even though classes are picking up and recruiting is under way, I have still made time to explore some of Austin’s treasures these past few weeks! I won’t bore you with every detail of my life since I’ve moved to Austin, but I will share a few of the highlights! Fortunately for you and your […]
- It’s the little things October 14, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Herb Miller's 10-Point Crash Course in Personal Branding October 17, 2014Miller makes it a point to teach students how to market themselves to the world. Here are his 10 principles of personal branding, which he delivers with his characteristic classroom vigor. After 30 years of teaching marketing at the McCombs School of Business and 25 years of corporate experience, Senior Lecturer Herb Miller definitely knows a thing or two ab […]
- Four Tips for Start-up Businesses Seeking Private Equity October 16, 2014Alan Cline and Bill Wood shared advice for startups at the most recent talk in the Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship speaker series. read more […]
- McCombs Profs Among Best in Nation October 7, 2014McCombs business students have some of the best teachers in the nation, according to latest survey results from the Princeton Review. The McCombs School of Business once again made the top-10 list for best professors in the Princeton Review's business school rankings, which are published in its annual guidebook, "The Best read more […]
- Bragging Rights: ATA's Highest Honor, CPA Outstanding Accounting Educator, Best Paper October 2, 2014The Bragging Rights series provides short recaps of the impressive accomplishments happening around McCombs. This week, we are proud to be featuring some noteworthy faculty awards and recognitions. It's that time of year again — Bragging Rights is back in full swing! The Bragging Rights series provides short recaps of the impressive accomplishments happ […]
- Herb Miller's 10-Point Crash Course in Personal Branding October 17, 2014