Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Summer Classes are Here July 30, 2014We are two weeks into the second semester of summer courses and time has been flying by. Between both of my classes, I have already read 13 textbook chapters this semester—McCombs professors do not mess around! This past week was especially busy between our Financial Accounting exam on Wednesday and our Introduction to Taxation exam […]
- Ethics – Fundamental Attribution Error July 23, 2014When we read the stories about Enron, HealthSouth, and other accounting scandals, what is usually mentioned is the malicious intent of the executives to perpetrate a fraud. This is because “bad people do bad things,” right? Although the stories are instructive of how things can go wrong in an organization and how it can affect […]
- International Potluck July 17, 2014Recently, the MPA International Connection hosted a potluck where international students shared foods from their respective home countries. Fortunately, they invited all of us to come and try them out. In good spirit, the domestic students brought some of their own food to share with the international students. Career Consultant Dawn Shaw was there, too, […]
- Bill Powers and the University of Texas July 14, 2014Despite having arrived in Texas only one year ago, I have been paying attention to the controversy surrounding the university’s President, Bill Powers, for some time. It has made national news and recently culminated in his announcement of resignation in 2015. The issue has many facets, not least of which is what the fundamental purpose […]
- Summer Classes are Here July 30, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- My Story: From Mother's Study To Medical Business July 22, 2014Poets & Quants for Undergrads recently profiled Jeff Li on balancing life as a business honors student and biochemistry honors major. The following is an excerpt from an interview with Jeff Li, BBA '15, a student in the business honors program (BHP) at the McCombs School of Business, which originally appeared on […]
- Infographic: McCombs Affiliates Among Austin's Hottest Startups July 17, 2014Between the fall 2013 and spring 2014 "Austin A-Lists," nine of the 24 hottest startups identified were either founded by McCombs alumni, launched from the school's Texas Venture Labs, or participated in the Texas Venture Labs Investment Competition. By Jeremy Simon and Kim Brown There's a strong likelihood that Austin's next startup […]
- Granof Reappointed to Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board July 17, 2014With his recent FASAB reappointment, Accounting Professor Michael Granof will continue to help ensure that the financial health of the federal government is communicated clearly and truthfully to U.S. citizens. With his recent reappointment to the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Michael Granof will continue to help ensure that the […]
- Former McCombs Lecturer Named Chancellor Of WGU July 15, 2014Veronica Stidvent, a former McCombs lecturer and founder of the business school's Subiendo Academy, was recently named the new chancellor of Western Governors University. You may recognize her from her former position as an employement law and policy lecturer at the McCombs School of Business. Or perhaps you know her as the founder of the Subiendo Acade […]
- My Story: From Mother's Study To Medical Business July 22, 2014