Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the ”10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- It’s All About the People September 25, 2014It is four weeks into the Fall semester and recruiting is in full swing. Last week, on-campus interviews began along with pre-interview dinners and other networking events. It has been exciting to meet with prospective employers and move forward through the application process. While recruiting, students will often ask employers “Why did you choose Firm […]
- Do As the Locals Do September 23, 2014Even though classes are picking up and recruiting is under way, I have still made time to explore some of Austin’s treasures these past few weeks! I won’t bore you with every detail of my life since I’ve moved to Austin, but I will share a few of the highlights! Fortunately for you and your […]
- Sports versus Food September 17, 2014Laugh now, but I’m an Atlanta sports fan. As a result, I had to eat my feelings this weekend. Good thing Mom and Dad (and Brother and Sister) were in town! My wife—Meg—and I don’t like adventuring too much when we’re hosting others and we ended up taking my family to some of our favorite […]
- Orientation Week with this Geek September 5, 2014Hey blog readers, and welcome to my first post! I thought I’d kick things off with a bang and tell you a little bit about orientation week! However, I’m not going to do this in a normal manner. No, instead I’m going to use my freestyle rapping skills to lay down what orientation is all […]
- It’s All About the People September 25, 2014
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Announcing the Inaugural Terri Holbrook Scholars September 29, 2014Accounting lecturer Terri Holbrook has funded a new scholarship for Masters of Professional Accounting students. Accounting lecturer, Terri Holbrook, and her husband, Ed, are providing funds for a new scholarship awarded to fourth- and fifth-year Masters of Professional Accounting students. In its inaugural year, the eponymously named Terri Holbrook Scholars […]
- The Ties That Bind: Finding Jobs Through LinkedIn September 22, 2014New research by McCombs Assistant Professor Rajiv Garg proves there is value to online social networks when it comes to finding a new job, if you know how to use them. It's something most job seekers have probably wondered: Are sites like LinkedIn really that useful when it comes to finding work? read more […]
- Graduate Supply Chain Management Leapfrogs into Top 10 Ranking List September 18, 2014McCombs now takes the top 10 in both graduate and undergraduate supply chain rankings. Landing at No. 8, the McCombs School of Business took its first top-10 ranking in Gartner Inc.'s 2014 Graduate Supply Chain Program Ranking. The top 10 of the 27 ranked universities are as follows: read more […]
- Rowling Hall to Link Campus to Wider Business World September 16, 2014Robert B. Rowling Hall will encourage local involvement and informational exchange with the community. By Becca Hensley Location. Location. Location. read more […]
- Announcing the Inaugural Terri Holbrook Scholars September 29, 2014