Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the “10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- Big Bend January 28, 2015It’s hard to believe that this is the year us tMPAs graduate! Some students will finish in May, some in July, and others in August and Spring Commencement is less than four months away. Last week, Spring Semester kicked off and it has been great to see everyone back on campus again after taking off five well-deserved weeks to renew and […]
- 3rd Year Lessons – Track January 23, 2015There are a few things that we all learn through our experience in this program. Some of those things being Financial Accounting Concepts and Research and GAAP, and others being things worth laughing about. I prefer to laugh at those things. In an attempt to post less than 1,000 words, I’ll post each of these topics […]
- New Year’s Resolutions January 21, 2015I’ve never been one for New Years Resolutions, but this year I’ve come back from Christmas break inspired. The pace of last year’s summer classes caught me off guard, and I never reset before diving into fall semester and recruiting. However, Christmas break gave me a chance to veg and catch my breath, and now […]
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 21, 2014It’s almost the holidays! Beyond wonderful time with family, I always look forward to ridiculous amounts of pie, turkey, potatoes, and cookies. However, this weekend, I was thinking of Thanksgiving and how lucky we all are to be in this wonderful country. I started wondering what makes this country so great, and I realized that […]
- Big Bend January 28, 2015
Subscribe by Email
Applying to the MPA?Tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- Kelleher Center’s New Speaker Series Explores Frontiers of Innovation January 29, 2015A new speaker series at the Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship is bringing some of the most respected names in the field of innovation to Austin. A new speaker series at the Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship is bringing some of the most respected names in the field of innovation to The University of Texas […]
- REFIC's First Executive-in-Residence, Jack Fraker, Shares Extensive Industry Expertise With Students January 28, 2015Jack Fraker's decades of real estate industry experience are now available to students at the McCombs School of Business. Jack Fraker's decades of real estate industry experience are now available to students at the McCombs School of Business. This academic year, the vice chairman and managing director of the capital markets industrial practice at […]
- The Adventures of an MBA Cycling Enthusiast: Jay Lu Bikes Across the Country January 26, 2015Jay Lu, MBA '15, is on a mission to accomplish three things while studying at McCombs. He's already met dozens of alums and landed a job. The only thing left: cycle across the United States. read more
- McCombs Takes New All-Time High in Financial Times Ranking January 23, 2015McCombs takes its highest domestic rank ever while earning a slew of high marks for salary, career services, and doctoral production in this global MBA ranking. The McCombs School of Business achieved its highest domestic rank ever in the 17th edition of the Financial Times full-time global MBA ranking. read more
- Kelleher Center’s New Speaker Series Explores Frontiers of Innovation January 29, 2015