Austin, TX is highlighted in the recent Time magazine cover story and in a Time.com video feature. The article “The Workforce: Where Will the New Jobs Come From?” illustrates why cities like Austin are showing early signs of job growth. Time.com also published the “10 Jobs for the Recession,” and, not surprisingly, accountant was listed at No. 2!
Austin Featured in Time Magazine
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Wednesday, March 24th 2010
- The Tower and Study Spots April 30, 2015As previously planned, I went on a tour of the UT tower with the MPA Council. The view was great despite the overcast weather (it hailed later that evening!) and is one of the best I've seen in Austin alongside those at Mount Bonnell and the 360 bridge overlook. During the summer, the tower also hosts sunrise and sunset tours, which sound awesome. If yo
- The Perks of Being a WallBlogger April 27, 2015Good afternoon everyone! Sorry for not having posted in a while. This semester has been quite hectic (in a good way) and has kept me from my duties as a blogger! Don't worry though. I have returned full force and will be giving you updates on how I have managed to survive spring semester as a MPA student. For now, however, I'd like to give you a li
- Four (of many) Austin Favorites April 21, 2015As we've said time and time again, one of the benefits of the MPA program is that it's located smack dab in the heart of Austin. Austin is a fantastic place to be due to its relatively mild weather (or at least lack of extreme cold), great food, natural beauty, distinct charm, and more. So, in case you need more evidence of Austin's prowess, I
- Change of Plans and What I've Learned April 15, 2015In my opinion, it's almost never too late to change something and there's always plenty more to learn. On the change front, two of my forward looking plans have already been scratched. First, I am not going to Buenos Aires this summer. Second, I did not attend a single SXSW event. The beauty of the latter is that the job offer I've accepted is
- The Tower and Study Spots April 30, 2015