Hello, prospective students! My name is Keri Ledezma, and I am the admissions manager for the Master in Professional Accounting (MPA) program at The University of Texas at Austin. After working in MPA admissions for six years, I am delighted with the opportunity to create an admissions blog. My goal with this blog is to keep you updated on the MPA admissions process and program news throughout the year. However, I hope it will not be a one-way discussion! The best way I can address what is on your mind is to have a dialogue with you, so I look forward to receiving your comments and questions through this blog. Don’t be shy…
Welcome to the Texas MPA Admissions Blog!
Posted by Keri Ledezma on Monday, September 8th 2008
- Around Austin in 30 Days May 9, 2013Like many UT students, I started making a mental bucket list of things to do in and around Austin the moment I set foot on campus as a freshman.From food trucks and swimming holes to the plethora of music opportunities, Austin is full of great things to do. Sadly, while balancing homework, exams and class, […]
- A Weekend of Sunny Rays is Good for the Mind April 17, 2013I spent this past weekend outside; eating dirt on the soccer field, (that’s fútbol to my Hispanic friends and football to my European buddies), flinging Frisbees around campus, and exploring Austin’s Mount Bonnell. The past couple of weeks have been a little stressful with school, work, and trying to get a hold of my personal […]
- The Pur$uit of Happine$$: Part 3 April 5, 2013Hi everyone, Like Melissa, I just wanted to cap my experience spending a semester interning. Melissa talked about how she utilized the things she learned from her academic studies for her internship, so I thought I would talk about some of the softer and more intangible skills that I took to public accounting from my […]
- Melissa Takes Boston: Part 4 March 29, 2013Hello everyone! I am back with one last installment about my internship experiences this semester. McCombs provides its students with a well-rounded business education and as I reflect on my internship, I realize that I used far more than just what I learned in my accounting classes. I thought I would share with you all […]
- Around Austin in 30 Days May 9, 2013
AboutIf you’re thinking about applying to the Texas MPA program via the traditional approach, tune in to the admissions blog. Our Assistant Director shares tips about applying, updates on the admissions process, and what to expect once you’re in the program.
Have questions? E-mail Keri
- The Top 10 Reasons to Love Being a BBA at McCombs May 22, 2013It's been a big year for Texas BBA students. Read the poignant, reflective, and delightfully braggy "greatest hits" list that Associate Dean David Platt emailed to McCombs undergraduates to close out the 2012-13 year. It's been a big year for Texas BBA students. read more […]
- Accounting Professor Bob May Retires After a 'Great Run' of 34 Years May 22, 2013Retiring accounting professor Bob May tells AccountingWEB that the opportunity to give one last commencement speech before his retirement "gives me a chance to say one last thing to the students." AccountingWEBMay Day: Retiring Texas Accounting Professor to Give Commencement SpeechMay 14, 2013 read more […]
- Infographic: McCombs Commencement By The Numbers May 16, 2013Congratulations, to the McCombs School of Business Class of 2013. Check out this year's breakdown of graduating students. Commencement is upon us once again, with six McCombs ceremonies followed by the university-wide blowout Saturday night, which draws nearly 20,000 more guests than the entire UT student population. Take a walk around campus this time […]
- Will Exports to China Lift the Struggling American Coal Industry? May 15, 2013China's growth trajectory means a potential bright future for America's energy industry, says John Doggett. Coal TransporterAmerica, China and Coal's FutureWinter 2013 read more […]
- The Top 10 Reasons to Love Being a BBA at McCombs May 22, 2013