Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs (TVL) at UT is a campus-wide initiative to accelerate start-ups in taking their innovations to market. In service of this mission they have created, in coordination with the McCombs School of Business, the TVL Scholarship, a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
This year’s TVL Scholarship Competition Semi-Finals & Finals were held on February 20th. 16 presenters gave their pitch to a panel of judges in hopes of winning the scholarship. Each TVL Scholarship is worth up to $174,000 and includes:
– $10,000 per year scholarship, as well as in-state tuition (for a total of $25,000 per year scholarship value).
– Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation.
– Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000.
– Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company.
Congratulations to the 2015 TVL Scholarship Winners!
Full scholarships were awarded to 1st place and “Best Presenter” winner, Tenaj Ferguson, for Lady Epicure Gourmet all-natural frozen bars & 2nd place winner, Omar Garza, for YouRefund, a tax fraud prevention app.
3rd place was awarded to Phil Trench for VacayBuddy & 4th place was awarded to Patrick Zhang for Concertleaf.
More Entrepreneurship at McCombs
McCombs, ranked #8 for entrepreneurship, offers many unique resources in one of America’s most innovative cities to prepare students for new business ventures. Learn more about TVL or check out these other resources:
- The Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship: This research center is dedicated to funding teaching, research, and community outreach related to entrepreneurship.
- The Austin Technology Incubator: ATI is a highly successful business incubator focused on high-technology start-ups.
- IC2 Institute: An international think-tank for entrepreneurship.
- Central Texas Angel Network: A network of high net worth individuals focusing on seed stage investment and entrepreneur mentoring.