Texas McCombs MBA Admissions is traveling around the world this summer & fall to participate in various events around the world to meet you, share what makes McCombs such a unique place,  and answer any questions you have about the application process.

Get to know who you can expect to meet on your journey to McCombs:

Rodrigo Malta, Managing Director of MBA AdmissionsRodrigo Malta
Managing Director, MBA Recruiting and Admissions

How long have you been with the MBA program and what is your background?
I grew up in Brazil and moved to the United States in high school. I earned my bachelor’s degree in management from Missouri State University. I then used my MBA experience at McCombs to transition from an internal audit career in the telecommunications industry to a marketing role in the technology industry with Dell. During my time as an MBA student, I was very involved in our McCombs Ambassador Committee. This passion for MBA admissions eventually led me back to McCombs and to my current Director role – my dream job!

What has been your most rewarding experience so far with the MBA Admissions Team?
The graduation ceremony in the spring of every year is very special and rewarding to me. I love seeing our excited students walking across the graduation stage and enjoy meeting their families and friends that supported them in this great endeavor.

In your opinion, what are some of the strongest attributes of a Texas McCombs MBA class?
Hands down the diversity of our class! We bring together students from all corners of the world with unique personal stories and varied professional backgrounds. Add in our award-winning faculty members and this is the perfect recipe for lively class discussions and an amazing learning environment.

Stephen Sweeney, Director of Full-Time MBA AdmissionsStephen Sweeney
Director of Full-Time MBA Admissions

I have been leading the recruiting and admissions for the Full-Time MBA at Texas McCombs since January of 2014. I am also an alum of the program and volunteered with the McCombs Ambassador Committee as a student. Prior to enrolling at McCombs, I worked in the hedge fund industry and taught fourth grade through Teach For America.  After I graduated from the MBA, I worked in management consulting until returning to McCombs.

Interacting with such high caliber, driven individuals from all over the world who are interested in McCombs has been incredibly rewarding! I love hearing each applicant’s reasons pertaining to why they are passionate about attending McCombs.

Our accessible faculty along with the hands-on opportunities that McCombs offers truly sets our program apart. Whether being selected for one our Fellows programs or doing an MBA+ project, our students have ample ways to apply what they learn in the classroom to current issues facing companies. I also feel that our Career Management team is the best in the business. This is evident in our placement rates, but you have to see how students transform over the two years and much of this can be attributed to our stellar team.  Lastly, no other top MBA program is located in Austin– the best city in the country!

Senior Admissions Officer, Stacey KammerdienerStacey Kammerdiener
Senior Admissions Officer, Full-Time MBA 

I’m a higher ed lifer! I became a part of the Texas MBA team in 2015. Prior to my current role, I worked for an Austin-based marketing firm focused on college and university admissions. We helped clients with social media, branding, search campaigns, publication design, etc. I also spent 8 years in admissions and marketing at a private college in Charlotte, North Carolina, where I managed our events and recruited transfer and international students. While in Charlotte, I attained my MA degree in Higher Education. I’m originally from a small town in Western Pennsylvania so I’ve been slowly making my way down to the warm weather!

I manage and supervise the “MAC,” or McCombs Ambassador Committee. They’re our (super amazing) students who answer your emails & phone calls, grab coffee with you, host you at our on-campus events, and help Admissions recruit a strong and diverse incoming class. It’s been very rewarding to work with such a collaborative & intelligent group of individuals who are passionate about giving back and talking about their love for Texas McCombs with future students.

The student culture! Our Texas MBAs are so supportive of each other. They want everyone to succeed and push their classmates to be their best selves. Students even go so far as to help each other prep for the same interview! The culture of the program also reflects our great location– the city of Austin. MBA students are friendly, laid back, and take advantage of all that Austin has to offer. 

Jaden Felix, Senior Admissions Officer, Full-Time MBA Jaden Felix

I’m the newest addition to the Texas McCombs MBA recruiting and admissions team. I started work right after SXSW, also known as Spring Break, so it’s been nearly 4 months. I was born and raised in Fresno, CA and graduated from The University of Michigan with a degree in political science. Prior to joining Texas McCombs, I worked at University of Michigan and most recently within the Office of the Dean of Students at The University of Texas at Austin where I focused on leadership development, intercultural education, wellness and safety, as well as, student success initiatives. My interest in positive leadership, change, and effective teams within organizations led me to pursue a Master of Science in Leadership and Change at St. Edwards University. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone on the road and on-campus.

My most rewarding experience was preparing and welcoming 39 Texas McCombs MBA Consortium students to the annual Consortium Orientation Program and Career Forum. With assistance from Career Management, Employer Relations, Admissions, and the 2nd year MBA Consortium liaisons, we designed a dynamic training to jump start their Texas McCombs MBA journey with mock interviews, alumni speakers, coaching, experiential learning activities, and community building. To top it off, we even created a Spotify playlist from the last song everyone listened to. It was full of memorable experiences and takeaways, including you’re always on, prioritize your time, recharge, and chanting Texas Fight.

One aspect of the MBA student experience is the ability to become a more dynamic, positive business leader. There isn’t one course or one student organization that propels Longhorn leaders to change the world; it’s a community-based, every-day-experience to practice these necessary business leadership skills. From involvement in one of our 40+ student organizations to course experiences focused on Happiness (taught by Dr. Raghunathan), Managing a Diverse Workforce (taught by Dr. Moore), or Leading People (taught by Dr. Harrison), students are able to immediately use what they learn in group work, MBA+ leadership projects, Fellow program, and case competitions. The leadership focus is even working its way into our curriculum with the addition of a Leading for Impact capstone project.

If you have questions or would like to connect with a student or staff member of our Admissions Committee, please reach out to us. We can’t wait to meet you. Hook ‘Em!