Texas MBA Admissions is traveling around the world this summer and fall to attend events near you. This is your opportunity to meet our Admissions Officers and ask your questions about our student culture, academics, and the application process. Get to know who you can expect to meet on your journey to McCombs below, and we hope to see you soon!

Stacey Kammerdiener, Senior Admissions Officer, Texas Full-Time MBAStacey Kammerdiener
Senior Admissions Officer, Texas Full-Time MBA Program

How long have you been with the Texas MBA and what is your background?
I’m a higher ed lifer! I became a part of the Texas MBA team in 2015. Prior to my current role, I worked for an Austin-based marketing firm focused on college and university admissions. We helped clients with social media, branding, search campaigns, publication design, etc. I also spent 8 years in admissions and marketing at a small private college in Charlotte, North Carolina, where I managed our events and recruited transfer and international students. While in Charlotte, I attained my MA degree in Higher Education from Appalachian State University. I’m originally from a small town in Western Pennsylvania; and yes, I’ve been slowly making my way down to the warm weather!

What has been your most rewarding experience so far with the Texas MBA Admissions Team?
I manage and supervise the “MAC,” or McCombs Ambassador Committee. They’re our (super amazing) students who answer your emails & phone calls, grab coffee with you, host you at our on-campus events, and help Admissions recruit a strong and diverse incoming class. It’s been very rewarding to work with such a collaborative & intelligent group of individuals who are passionate about giving back and talking about their love for the Texas MBA Program with future students.

In your opinion, what are some of the strongest attributes of a Texas MBA class?
The student culture! Our Texas MBAs are so supportive of each other. They want everyone to succeed and push their classmates to be their best selves. Students even go so far as to help each other prep for the same interview! The culture of the Texas MBA Program also reflects our great location – the city of Austin. Texas MBA students are friendly, laid back, and take advantage of all that Austin has to offer.

Rene Marrinez, Senior Admissions Officer, Texas Full-Time MBARené Martinez

I joined Texas MBA Admissions in August of 2014. I’m originally from El Paso, Texas. I moved to Austin and earned a bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communication at UT Austin. I’ve spent my career in a variety of admissions, program management, and recruitment roles, starting out in international education before moving into higher education. Prior to joining the MBA team, I worked in the UT International Office where I coordinated all aspects of an 18-month Foundation Year program for non-matriculated business and engineering students from Saudi Arabia. In my current role, I oversee diversity and international student recruitment for the Full-Time MBA Program here at McCombs.

Seeing the Class of 2017 graduate! Since I joined the Texas MBA team in 2014, this was the first class I admitted that completed the program. I got to see their MBA journey from my initial conversations when these individuals were candidates, to seeing them in action each day on campus as enrolled students, and then finally seeing them complete their MBA this past May; getting to be a part of the full applicant-to-graduate cycle, as well as witnessing the growth over the course of two years is truly special.

I think diversity and cohesion are what make our Texas MBAs so special. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds. It is inspiring to see how they come together on campus with a shared vision to not only enhance their own learning and career trajectories, but to also support their classmates with a “pay it forward” mentality, and a mission to leave this place better than they found it.

Stephen Sweeney, Director of Texas Full-Time MBA AdmissionsStephen Sweeney
Director of Admissions, Texas Full-Time MBA Program

I have been working at the Texas MBA since January of 2014.  I am also an alum of the Full-Time MBA program and volunteered with the McCombs Ambassador Committee as a student.  Prior to enrolling at McCombs, I worked in the hedge fund industry and taught fourth grade through Teach For America.  After I graduated from the Texas MBA, I worked in management consulting until returning to McCombs.

Interacting with such high caliber, driven individuals from all over the world who are interested in McCombs has been incredibly rewarding!  I love hearing each applicant’s reasons pertaining to why they are passionate about attending McCombs.

Our accessible faculty along with the hands-on opportunities that McCombs offers truly sets our program apart.  Whether being selected for one our Fellows programs or doing an MBA+ project, our students have ample ways to apply what they learn in the classroom to current issues facing companies.  I also feel that our Career Management team is the best in the business. This is evident in our placement rates, but you have to see how students transform over the two years and much of this can be attributed to our stellar Career Management team.  Lastly, no other top MBA program is located in Austin – the best city in the country!

Rodrigo Malta, Director of Texas MBA AdmissionsRodrigo Malta
Director of Admissions, Texas MBA Program

I grew up in Brazil and moved to the United States in high school. I earned my bachelor’s degree in management from Missouri State University. I then used my MBA experience at McCombs to transition from an internal audit career in the telecommunications industry with Sprint-Nextel, to a marketing role in the technology industry with Dell. During my time as a student at McCombs, I was very involved in our McCombs Ambassador Committee. This passion for MBA admissions led me back to McCombs and, eventually, to my current Director of MBA Admissions role – my dream job!

The graduation ceremony in the spring of every year is very special and rewarding to me.  I love seeing our excited students walking across the graduation stage and enjoy meeting their families and friends that supported them in this great endeavor.

Hands down the diversity of our class!  We bring together students from all corners of the world with unique personal stories and varied professional backgrounds. Add in our award-winning faculty members and this is the perfect recipe for lively class discussions and an amazing learning environment.