The Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs (TVL) at The University of Texas at Austin is a campus-wide initiative to accelerate start-ups in taking their innovations to market. In coordination with the McCombs School of Business, they have created the TVL Scholarship, a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
This year’s TVL Scholarship Competition Semi-Finals & Finals were held on February 19th. Fourteen presenters gave their pitch to a panel of judges in hopes of winning the scholarship. Each TVL Scholarship is worth up to $174,000 and includes:
– $10,000 per year scholarship, as well as in-state tuition (for a total of $25,000 per year scholarship value).
– Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation.
– Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000.
– Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company.
Congratulations to the 2016 TVL Scholarship Winners!
Full scholarships were awarded to two first-place winners:
- Josh Berrington, for Q’ello – a plant-based milk that is completely traceable and delivered right to your door.
- William Wilder, for Wilder Systems – a business that supplies automated tools to the aerospace industry to improve productivity and quality.
First Runner-Up was awarded to Beth Hood, for Tekton Industries, LLC and Second Runner-Up was awarded to Mahesh Murali for Falcon Technology.
More Entrepreneurship at McCombs
The McCombs School of Business, ranked #6 for entrepreneurship, offers many unique resources in one of America’s most innovative cities to prepare students for new business ventures. Learn more about TVL or check out these other resources:
- The Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship: This research center is dedicated to funding teaching, research, and community outreach related to entrepreneurship.
- The Austin Technology Incubator: ATI is a highly successful business incubator focused on high-technology start-ups.
- IC2 Institute: An international think-tank for entrepreneurship.
- Central Texas Angel Network: A network of high net worth individuals focusing on seed stage investment and entrepreneur mentoring.