Finalist Pitches At Texas Venture Labs Scholarship Competition

Written by Jaime Sutton

Last weekend I was proud to host the second annual Texas Venture Labs Scholarship competition alongside the Texas MBA program. The goal of our scholarship program is to help inspire and create MBA students who have a passion for pursuing entrepreneurship throughout their two years at McCombs. This year we were lucky enough to have 16 semi-finalists join us from not only all over the country (Portland, New York, Austin, Newport Beach, Chicago, and more) but also from across the globe (India, Turkey, Switzerland, and Kuwait)!

Alongside my Texas Venture Labs colleagues, current students, recent alumni, and Texas MBA staff members I watched as these 16 individuals competed for six spots in the finals. While I only saw a few of the pitches live, I was fortunate enough to hold four hours of office hours on Friday to make sure they were set and ready to go. Deliberations were tough and each set of judges was pulling for their room presenters…but ultimately it had to be narrowed down.

In front of a room full of people, our six finalists shared with us their passion, dedication and drive to continue learning (watch TVL Scholarship finalists pitch their startups). They came as scholarship applicants and left as entrepreneurs! I look forward to bringing them into our community and helping them grow as both business students and business owners.

Award Winners At Texas Venture Labs Scholarship CompetitionTHE WINNERS

Justin Key, Plot.Guru
– $50K Scholarship
Jon Sherr, Insight
– $50K Scholarship
Daniel Monaco, Pronto
– $2K Scholarship
Elizabeth Eddy, Salton City
– $2K Scholarship
Hiral Sanghavi, Technophilia
– $2K Scholarship

Photos courtesy of Philip Rogers