Accenture is hosting the 2013 Accenture Leadership Series, a program consisting of five interactive seminars and workshops focused on leadership topics, geared towards high performing students at UT.
To see what the 2012 participants had to say about ALS, click here for a short 2 minute video.
Accenture was named No. 8 on Hay Group’s 2011 “World’s Best Companies for Leadership” list and was ranked on FORTUNE‘s biennial Top Companies for Leaders list in 2011. Leveraging our program’s theme, “Building Your Leadership Legacy,” the Accenture Leadership Series will equip emerging campus leaders with proven techniques that can be applied across the 40 Acres and in the community.
Sessions will be facilitated by top Accenture executives. Past sessions have included leaders like Steve Rohleder (UT Grad ’79), Accenture’s Chief Executive of our Health & Public Service Operating Group and former Chief Operating Officer. Steve is highly involved on the UT campus, currently serving as a Chairman for a committee to improve efficiencies across campus (see article here). Another ALS faculty member, Andrew Vo, was recently awarded the 2013 Outstanding Young Texas Exes award for his involvement in the organization and on campus
This year’s ALS program is scheduled as follows:
- Session 1: Monday, March 18, 2012 from 6:00–8:30pm at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center
- Session 2: Monday, March 25, 2012 from 6:00–8:30pm at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center
- Session 3: Monday, April 1, 2012 from 6:00–8:30pm at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center
- Session 4: Monday, April 8, 2012 from 6:00–8:30pm at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center
- Session 5 Celebration: Monday, April 15, 2012 from 6:00–8:30pm at a local restaurant
Potential ALS topics include:
- Developing an Authentic Leadership Style
- Leadership Alignment Model
- Social Styles
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
Apply beginning Jan. 28 at: http://careers.accenture.com/UTALS
Applications are open to all full-time students with an expected graduation date between December 2013 and May 2016. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 8, 2013.
Please note: Selection into the program requires a commitment to attend all of the sessions. Dinner is provided for all sessions.