BBA Faculty Honor Roll: Donna Johnston-Blair

donna_blairBBA Faculty Honor Roll Member: Donna Johnston-Blair

Keyword: Success, Teamwork, Mentorship

Congratulations, Ms. Johnston-Blair, on your selection to the Spring 2016 BBA Honor Roll by the Undergraduate Business Council (UBC)!

What do you teach?

• Financial and Managerial Accounting
  • Corporate Tax
  • Introduction to Tax

What is your favorite part about teaching BBA students?

I love engaging with people in general and am fortunate that I am able to interact with the students.  They are fun to be with and the UT students truly are a superior group.  UT is the fifth school at which I have taught and it is bar none the highest level of students I have taught.

I have always enjoyed teaching others: I tutored my friends in math from 5th grade and even though my career was in the business world, I was lucky to come back to teaching as a second career.  When I see that spark of understanding come into a student’s eyes or feel that my class has truly heard what I am teaching, there really is nothing better.

What advice would you like to give to BBA students?

Don’t be so grade-focused.  You are all superior students.  You don’t have to always earn As.  Part of the university experience is learning non-academic skills such as how to be a valued part of a team and how to have a successful personal life.

What was the best advice you received as a BBA student? Do you have a story to share?

Share your memories of Career Week!