#MonthlyMajor: Finance

#MonthlyMajor: Finance

When confronted with the challenge of what educational path to pursue, many ask themselves “what can I do with a _____ degree?” For finance, the real question is what can’t you do with a finance degree? The opportunities are immense.

McCombs’ BBA Finance Program is top-notch; ranked #5 nationally by U.S. News & World Report. Finance fundamentally focuses on money management and its impact on the economy, institutions, and individuals alike. Finance majors spend a lot of time studying the movement of stock prices, analyzing the wide variety of corporate financial structures, and predicting how financial instruments affect the future.

When asked why she chose finance, Junior Taylor Holmes stated

“I chose finance because I knew it would give me the most opportunities if I ever wanted to do something outside of the finance field. As of now, though, I am focusing on investment banking.”

She also said that her work at a small investment bank confirmed her desire to pursue finance and investment banking.

For McCombs students like Taylor, the hardest part of choosing finance as a major is having to choose a specialization from there.

Whether your hope is to become a financial analyst, investment banker, or a small business owner, knowing how to manage your money is vital for any career path.